Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Job Title: Director, Clinical Analytics
Department: Life Sciences Business
Location: Boston, USA
Travel: Up to 20%, USA
In line with its mission to achieve massive, sustained healthcare outcome improvements, Health Catalyst recently launched a new Life Science Business Unit based in Cambridge, MA, that will develop solutions to support the rapidly changing world of research, development and commercialization in the life sciences industry including, but not limited to drug development, medical devices, digital therapeutics, and risk-based contracting. Health Catalyst aims to stand out in this rapidly expanding market by focusing on solutions for the life sciences industry that ensure improved health outcomes both at provider and patient level. The new Business Unit will support the life science industry and regulators to improve probability of R&D pipeline success, optimize clinical trial design and enrollment, and perform post-launch RWD retrospective studies. Health Catalyst aims to become a leading provider of real-world insights that will allow the industry to ground their decisions in real-time, ethical access to massive, high quality data across all therapeutic indications to tackle unmet medical needs and further improve outcomes for patients. Crucially, by leveraging the deep relationship built over time with 400+ hospitals reaching out to 100M+ patients Health Catalyst can go beyond data aggregation and data crunching, developing engaging provider and patient-facing solutions with the Life Sciences industry, to obtain deeper, richer insights.
Our team lives the cultural attributes of being a Continuous Learner, Hardworking, Humble, and World-class. Learn more about working at Health Catalyst here: https://www.healthcatalyst.com/company/careers/key-health-catalyst-values.
The Director of Clinical Analytics for the Life Sciences Business will oversee a broad spectrum of analytics activities across a new and exciting business that seeks to revolutionize healthcare and improve patient lives through a variety of efforts including data driven clinical trials, research and data science, digital therapeutics, precision medicine, population health, and more. The Director of Clinical Analytics will be responsible for scoping and prioritization of pre-sales analytics tasks and project proposals, overseeing the world-class execution of analytics tasks that are in line with clinical reality, mentoring and growing a clinical data analytics team, and providing support to business development and medical affairs colleagues during pre- and post-sales client-facing activities.
This role is a great fit for a clinical analytics professional who has worked extensively with both provider and life sciences (pharma/biotech) data, bringing an appreciation for the pros and cons of each, and has led high caliber analytics teams while maintaining high morale.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with clients and prospects to understand scientific analytics needs, posing appropriate questions to enable a smooth and efficient process from request to delivery
- Translate business needs into project requirements, performing relevant literature reviews and other requisite tasks (e.g., identifying latest method for mapping disease area to structured diagnosis codes or deriving inclusion criteria based on an algorithmic approach)
- Support all pre-sales and business development activities by guiding, or as appropriate, performing analytics tasks, and helping identify/validate self service-based approaches (e.g., when and how to use Health Catalyst’s cohort slicing tool)
- Participate in project proposals, scoping out deliverables and developing statements of work, describing all analytics-related activities for a given project
- Oversee the world-class execution of signed projects from start to end
- Recruit, retain, and mentor clinical analysts, overseeing, supporting, and growing staff to allow Life Sciences to scale to multiple projects
- Perform research on clinical domains of relevance as projects dictate to validate and guide analytics team approach, applying lessons learned into data analysis efforts to ensure extraction of appropriate data
- Become a subject matter expert on all current Health Catalyst data elements, including understanding of both strengths and weaknesses
- Communicate data-related needs back to data engineering team, serving as a key stakeholder
- Publish white papers, analyses for PowerPoint decks, and scientific publications as appropriate
- Excellent stakeholder management abilities, including scoping, and internal and external requirements management
- Strong computational data analysis skills via either SQL, Python, R, etc.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one therapeutic area
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of clinical data via exposure to EHRs, registries, clinical trials data, or related
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA Biostatistics, Public Health, Health Informatics, or related field. PhD or other doctorate degree highly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a clinical analytics function
- 5+ years of experience building and mentoring a clinical analytics team
- 3+ years of experience working with RWE, RWD, claims, and/or clinical trials data
- Deep exposure to at least one disease or therapeutic area; exposure to multiple therapeutic areas preferred
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.