The Data Analyst will be part of the analytics group responsible for partnering with Account Management, Data Operations, Product Delivery and Support, and R&D to assist with client performance evaluations, client analytics, customer questions, account monitoring, and account changes relating to proprietary predictive modeling solutions. This includes monitoring the system’s business performance and identifying areas for improvement, assisting in the identification and tracking of issues, validating that changes to the modeling system is as expected, communicating any issues to the Account Management and Analytics teams, designing and implementing statistical analyses and key metrics to measure system impact, presenting results from these analyses to management, communicating issues to be addressed to and from Appriss.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct analysis for clients in retail
- Apply statistical knowledge to analyze data with SAS/SQL to identify trends and outliers, develop and/or evaluate predictive models, and create reports
- Testing, QA, and implementation of models and other predictive tools
- Monitoring the system’s business performance and identifying areas for improvement and assisting in the identification and tracking of issues
- Interact with clients to determine analysis specifications, product needs, and modeling initiatives
- Prepare presentations and present results to internal management
- Work with large datasets and manipulate data from various data sources such as Netezza, Hadoop, Greenplum, SQL Server, raw files, and SAS
- Experience building and deploying machine learning and statistical models
- Bachelors or Masters
- Science, mathematical, software development, or business backgrounds are preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- SAS or SQL expertise required
- Strong time management skills and project management skills
- Experience processing and analyzing large data sets
- Experience working in an analytics position for at least 2 years
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.