Perform as the first line of defense on 24/7 support team to take appropriate action toward resolving system and network problems as they occur. Investigate and respond to system and network issues while minimizing impact on customer service. Follow processes and procedures to escalate issues as required in 24/7 support environment. Issues service interruption reports to requisite government agencies as required. Achievement of objectives is generally measured by product up time.
Minimum Requirements Education
- Computer Sciences degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- Experience troubleshooting application processes.
- Database analysis tools.
- Customer service role supporting Windows or Linux based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Support Center/Call Center experience preferred.
- Network+, A+, Linux+, CCNA, MCSE, Six Sigma and/or ITIL/ITSM, customer service experience.
- Experience with SQL, Oracle, Linux, basic networking.
Physical and Mental Requirements Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Other Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues. Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.