Appriss Inc. is a dynamic small business providing innovative solutions to government and commercial clients. Our experienced professionals provide expertise in program oversight, systems engineering and quality management. Appriss has an exciting opportunity for a Problem and Incident Management Analyst to join our growing team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technology field.
- Minimum of 3 years of analyzing issues
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business process analysis.
- ITIL/ITSM Certified
Functions and Responsibilities
- Produce proactive reports, trending analysis, service level reporting, process consultation and application of ITIL best practice.
- Managing incidents across the entire incident life - cycle in accordance with ITIL.
- Problem Management research and root cause analysis.
- Recommends and suggests improvements to existing procedures.
- Lead cross functional groups for incidents requiring multi-vendor engagement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Out of the box thinker
- The ability to work within a team atmosphere effectively.
- Strong knowledge of Remedy ticketing system.
- Strong Microsoft SharePoint skills.
- Problem Analysis experience
- Help Desk/ Incident Management experience
- Ability to navigate multiple systems, programs for purposes of viewing logs and determine cause
- Expert problem solver with 5+ years of experience in ITIL driven technology organizations.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, problems and incidents while meeting challenging deadlines
- Proven knowledge in ITIL best practices for Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Skilled at reasoning through to logical conclusions.
- Skilled in process analysis and redesign
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.