We’re looking for a senior software engineer that can help advance Appriss Insights, the nation’s most comprehensive source of person-based incarceration, justice, and risk intelligence data. We enable government agencies and commercial enterprises to save lives, fight crime, prevent fraud, and manage risk. Here are few resources that provide a look into Appriss, and specifically Insights…
This position is on an engineering team that builds capabilities for search and continuous monitoring. The team is responsible for projects that span the realm of ETL, web services, web portals, AWS managed services, relational database management, and more. All team members are expected to seek practical solutions that prioritize customer need while exhibiting qualities of a supportive team member and software engineering best practices.
You’re adaptable. As priorities change, you’re able to adjust your contributions accordingly. This may involve building a new technical skillset, reviewing the design of a new component, or assisting with a swarm of activity in non-developmental phases.
You’re creative. You find deficiencies and advocate for improvement. Better yet, you seek creative solutions that properly balance organizational needs with ideals. Even when there’s a setback, you learn from the experience.
You have Java-Spring and AWS skills. A need on the team is to increase our capacity related to Java-Spring development as well as managed AWS services. However, we’d love to hear about other development experiences that you may have.
Our simplified list of expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong background in the design, development, maintenance, and testing of software
- General knowledge and ability to work with relational databases
- 7+ years of experience in a related field
- 3+ years of experience with Java-Spring
- 1+ years of experience with managed AWS services
Things that can set you apart
- 10+ years of experience in a related field
- 5+ years of experience with Java-Spring
- 3+ years of experience with managed AWS services and/or an AWS certification
- 3+ years of experience with Angular
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker
The team is distributed with an office location in Louisville, KY. We are remote-work friendly.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.