The Data Scientist will be part of the data science R&D team responsible for developing and managing a variety of data solutions and machine learning projects across all Appriss verticals.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Designing and implementing solutions related to machine learning and data mining on large data sets using statistical models, graph models, text mining and other modern.
• Conduct analysis, modeling, and analytics research for clients in retail, healthcare, public safety.
• Work with AWS, Azure and on-premise environments.
• Manipulate data from various data sources such as Netezza, Greenplum, SQL Server, raw files, and real time streaming data (SQS, Kinesis, Kafka).
• Experience building and deploying machine learning models and APIs.
• Testing, QA, and implementation of models and other predictive tools.
• Help support production applications and provide Tier 3 support.
• Collaborate with clients and internal teams to determine analysis specifications, product needs, and modeling initiatives and provide regular feedback.
• Prepare presentations and present results to internal and external clients, and potentially conferences.
• Advanced degree in computer science or mathematics related fields
• 3+ years of experience with Python
• 3+ years of experience with SQL
• 2+ years as a Data Scientist/Analyst or Data Engineer
• Experience with linux, web APIs, and distributed systems
• Experience with AWS and/or Azure.
• Experience working with large amounts of structured or unstructured data.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience with libraries like Pandas, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, NetworkX
• ML skills in modern cloud environments such as AWS or Azure.
• Experience with Tableau or PowerBI or QuickSight
• Retail, Healthcare, or Criminal justice experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
• Demonstrated ability to apply statistical knowledge to analyze data to identify trends, outliers, develop/evaluate predictive models, create reports, automate processes
• Strong time management skills and project management skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint & Excel.
• Ability and willingness to work with a team
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.