- General ledger ownership
- Prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing activities.
- Post monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Coordinate with external auditor’s yearly audit process, including internal control reviews.
- Analyze and prepare monthly financial statements and management reports and other sensitive and confidential reports.
- Perform analytical review of department expenses including trend and budget versus actual analyses and provide variance explanations.
- Prepare work paper support containing account analysis, financial statement support information including footnote information.
- Recommend and implement process improvements through high level analysis and collaboration.
- Develop special reports and ad-hoc analyses.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of currentaccounting experience. Public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to successfully work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Employment history showing a progression of duties/titles.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to remain composed and flexible.
- Trustworthy and dependable.
- Team-oriented attitude.
- Professional presence and appearance.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proofreading skills.
- High level of attention to detail and exemplary organizational skills.
- Self-starter, high level of motivation, and ability to work independently, while managing tasks timely.
- Demonstrates a high-level of integrity.
- Experience using NetSuite highly desired.
- Professional approach, proven good judgment, creative problem solving.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; positive attitude.
- Strong team player.
*This position is a temporary position (not eligible for benefits) with potential for permanent placement.