The Construction Project Manager will be charged with owning the build and fit-out of our workspaces in London. You will work closely with the Real Estate, Growth, Construction and Design teams to plan, organize, and manage the build-out process from start to finish. The ability for the Project Manager to deliver is essential for overall customer satisfaction and will transform how we execute at a high level as we scale. The ideal candidate is a master multi-tasker who can stay organized, work quickly and efficiently, hold people accountable, and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with architects and designers to develop the construction scope of work.
- Create estimates, budgets, timelines for project completion, and manage construction projects to ensure that milestones are met on time and under budget.
- Plan and direct build-outs of single floors and/or entire building from conception to move-in.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal team members and external vendors.
- Oversee daily work to ensure the project site stays organized, on time and on budget .
- Develop and execute a measurable and repeatable process as we scale in various markets.
- Manage the entire fit-out of new or existing spaces including the building of furniture and layout implementation while making necessary adjustments to fit client needs.
- Produce synthesized progress reports for the leadership team.
- Schedule and manage contractors and part-time staff.
Who You Are
You’re an energetic multitasker who can balance competing priorities without losing site of the details. You have great time management skills that allow you to get work done even when nobody is watching. Beyond that, you know how to delegate and hold people accountable for their own work. You find joy in putting process to madness and are passionate about playing a critical role in building the future of work. You also have the following:
- 5-7 years of project management experience within a retail organization or a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to balance design with operational needs and budget objectives under tight timelines resulting in exceptional work spaces
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use AutoCAD, and Project Management software.
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.