Reporting to our Head of Real Estate, North America, the Director of Real Estate will play a critical role in expanding Knotel’s property portfolio. S/he will have a deep knowledge of institutional players in San Francisco’s commercial real estate market while building partnerships that fuel Knotel’s growth. Our team embraces curiosity, integrity, and tenacious problem-solving, and the Director of Real Estate will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Identify new opportunities for Knotel’s portfolio and develop relationships that enable its expansion through traditional leases
- Leverage extensive network of C-Level executives at REITs, PE firms and development companies to structure creative managed deals
- Manage and track growth pipeline, strategically prioritizing partners and target markets to maximize results
- Manage and continue to grow the team responsible for growing Knotel’s core real estate portfolio
- Manage resources to drive consistency, objectivity and fact-based orientation with respect to project delivery across individual team members
- Remain abreast of corporate and institutional needs in commercial real estate to inform ongoing Knotel product development
- Create and prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for management’s review as needed.
Who You Are
You are an entrepreneurial professional who is intrinsically motivated to master the complexities of SF’s commercial real estate market and apply them to your work. You are immaculately organized, excel at project management, and can tailor your communication style to match the energy of any audience. You’re always seeking a better solution and the next opportunity to drive change. Ambiguous situations inspire you to find clarity, leverage resources and spark creative thinking. You also have the following:
- 10-15 years of experience in CRE required
- Transactional experience and comfort with financial models
- Breadth of knowledge in end-to-end deal negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage critical situations
- Creative thinking and flexibility that allows you to operate in an agile, high growth environment
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Docs, and other technology solutions for streamlining business processes
- A demonstrated record of academic achievement and extracurricular leadership
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.