The VP, General Manager is responsible for growing and managing Knotel’s business in our largest market and one of the world’s most important. A critical part of the leadership team, s/he will report to our COO and will be charged with owning the full P&L of the market, building and scaling a world-class team, and driving demand performance.
What You’ll Do
- Own a P&L the encompasses the entire New York market
- Build and manage the New York team
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with senior stakeholders at HQ and across other markets
- Serve as a conduit between our New York team and HQ to ensure standards and playbooks transcend borders.
Who You Are
You’re a proven leader with a track record of scaling businesses and managing a large P&L, building strong teams and doing whatever it takes to move the business forward. You enjoy setting strategic priorities but aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. Your ideal role is a blend of operations and strategy. You’re excited to build and scale a market from the ground up. You also have the following:
- 10-15 years of experience with a proven ability to manage high performing teams, previous consulting and/or startup experience highly preferred
- Lateral thinker who will find creative ways to hit ambitious growth targets
- Analytical and data-driven decision-making mentality
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous work environments with moving targets.
With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil and Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $560 million in funding and was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, and Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.