The Workplace Strategist will provide day-to-day support to Knotel’s real estate and sales teams in Knotel’s new expansion markets. You will assist in the assessment of spaces, complete standard test fits, help with client meetings and complete modified furniture layouts.
You will work on many stages of numerous projects from executing drawings to managing outside consultant relationships, and interfacing with potential clients helping with new spaces from start of assessment to fit-out completion. You will work closely with other members of Knotel’s expansion team working closely with real estate to get space and sales to put clients in that space.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate with Knotel’s expansion and HQ teams including: real estate, project management, architecture, sales, environmental branding, and interior design
- Utilize Knotel’s unique workplace strategy in new and existing spaces, while understanding architectural principles
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members throughout the design, construction, and fit-out process
- Assist in client-facing sales conversations communicating both design ideas and updating furniture layouts to suit how the client works best
- Develop localized build standards that represent Knotel’s design approach while responding to market needs and drivers
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job,” and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- +5 years of professional experience with 2-3 years executing workplace interiors projects in market
- Ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from the signing of a lease to the new opening
- Familiarity with local building codes and construction practices
- Understanding and ability to articulate current workplace planning trends
- Excellent proficiency in AutoCAD with abilities to execute in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator. Revit skills a plus
- Strong time management skills (will be required to handle a number of projects simultaneously)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with eagerness to interface with clients, brokers, and contractors
- Project management experience
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.