Are you a leader who loves problem-solving and collaborating? Are you at your best when in the midst of a challenging project? Do you take pride in delivering a complete proposal to clients? Do you feel passionately about mentorship and people? Then come join our passionate and talented team as an Operations Manager for our growing Property & Casualty business!
In this role, you’ll be managing our high-performing Case Management team, which is responsible for ensuring quote proposals are accurate and thorough, reviewing and applying all underwriting requirements, and assisting our customers with securing the best available offer for their home & auto insurance needs (and helping them feel good about it!).
In this role, you will…
- Manage a case management team and own their individual and team-level performance by delivering actionable feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews, and professional development conversations
- Align the team on production goals and adherence to daily, weekly, and monthly SLAs
- Ensuring the team has the resources, engagement, and training to perform optimally
- Improve customer conversion and overall production by analyzing data and identifying areas of opportunities within our processes and product
- Work with our Recruiting team by helping them build a sustainable hiring pipeline to support our ambitious growth goals
- Collaborate with our quality assurance team to ensure compliance with regulation and adherence to Pg quality standards
- Identify and surface ongoing trends, blockers, and new opportunities to leadership
- Handle quality concerns, client escalations and carrier issues through cross functional efforts, providing actionable feedback to stakeholders
- Regularly report out on team performance to company leadership (Founders,VP, Directors) focusing on insights and initiatives to improve performance
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience; previous management or player-coach experience required.
- You’re passionate about mentoring and coaching others, with sound judgement in people situations and the ability to have difficult conversations.
- You’re a subject matter expert in property & casualty insurance and/or underwriting.
- You’re an exceptional communicator, with a strong attention to detail and superior self-management.
- You work to solve problems quickly and efficiently, particularly when faced with constantly shifting priorities.
- You’re comfortable analyzing and synthesizing data to drive the team’s performance.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.