Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Job Title: Corporate Analytics Business Analyst
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (preferable)
The Corporate Analytics Business Analyst will participate in analyzing data, developing visualizations, and interacting with Health Catalyst’s internal departments to empower meaningful improvements in Health Catalyst’s business processes. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for spearheading certain strategic initiatives within the Company as identified by Leadership. The position will work within Corporate Analytics to help Health Catalyst create an industry-leading analytics infrastructure that measures performance of all aspects of the company’s operations, including marketing, sales, professional services, product management, and product development. The Corporate Analytics Business Analyst will leverage the internal Corporate Analytics data warehouse to perform these analyses This person needs to be being a continuous learner, hardworking, humble, and strive to be world class.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help identify, prioritize, and lead internal, data-driven process improvement analyses across all Health Catalyst functional groups
- Design and construct analyses and data visualizations to expose operational data internally, working closely with departmental leadership
- Take responsibility for certain strategic initiatives identified by Leadership, generally cross-functional in nature
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools
- Proficient in one or more BI tools (QlikView, Tableau, or similar tools)
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (especially Excel)
- General understanding of analytics and statistics
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of employees
- High level of self-motivation; comfortable working under general direction
Desired Skills (Skills that can be learned on the job)
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience with Lean principles
- Business, strategy and operations experience
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA or graduate degree in business or information-related field (economics, business, finance, statistics, MSIS)
- 2-5 years work experience in analytics, BI, consulting, finance, etc.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.