The Director of Product Design will lead a team of product designers, providing direction and coaching of their team’s output, as well as leading best practices in cross-functional partnership and design process. This person will propagate a strong design practice, influence product strategy, and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. Design directors also provide design mentorship and be a champion for both craft and career development, as well as create the operational space and organizational cover to help their designers focus on executing their best work.
- Manage and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction
- Lead the team in focusing on and improving company KPIs
- Collaborate with the Silicon Valley design team
- Support the team in gathering qualitative and quantitative feedback through user research, customer feedback studies and usage metrics gathering tools
- Influence product strategy and lead your team in executing high quality designs
- Know how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Grow productivity and accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design team
- 5+ years of applied UX/UI design management experience
- A solid understanding of cloud software used for business
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- You demonstrate humility and the ability to take feedback collaboratively
- Your portfolio has examples of interaction design and visual design that is elegant, innovative and uses the latest design standards
- Your design decisions are backed by data, user feedback, competitive analysis and customer needs
Why Blue Jeans is THE PLACE to be?
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication.