InfluxData is looking for a creative, talented and scrappy event manager to own the planning and execution of our presence at events and tradeshows! We’ve established a strong presence at developer-focused industry events and trade shows, and rolled out our InfluxDays user conference in San Francisco, New York and London.
Working out of the San Francisco office and reporting to the Sr. Manager of Events and Field Marketing, you will partner closely with the rest of the marketing and sales teams to increase our brand awareness and event-driven lead generation capabilities across the globe. This position requires strong experience with B2B software event marketing. The ideal candidate will have a background in event planning, experience executing small- and larger-scale events and tradeshows, able to keep track of the budget assigned to these events, and stellar organizational skills to keep the events/tradeshows calendar up to date. If you’re interested, we’d love to chat!
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will need to plan and execute our presence at shows like AWS re: Invent, VMWorld, Google Next and DevOps Days, and balance this with lead generation expectations between the different sales geographies.
- Keep track of the budget assigned to these events. Own these events from start to finish, inclusive of event contract negotiation, speaking opportunity, booth staffing allocation, logistics, cross-functional team planning and communications
- Keep track of post-events metrics
- Work with other departments to help promote brand recognition
- Assist in the selection of marketing and promotional items for the events
- Respect deliverables deadlines and detail-oriented
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 2+ years of experience running events in a startup environment
- Hands-on experience in event planning and execution
- Success working with cross-functional teams and third-party vendors
- Effective communication skills
- High energy, can-do approach and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30% (will fluctuate based on business needs)
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source