LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Within Lending Club, LendingClub Patient Solutions is the fastest growing third party financing brand today, offering attractive financing to both the elective healthcare and private education markets. We’re looking for a talented Sr Software Engineer to join this growing team in developing the products that allow people to afford life’s important choices. The technology teams move fast, celebrate great ideas, inspire testing and learning, and stretch for new solutions. This position is located in Westborough, MA.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement, and document new software components.
- Improve existing software.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements and contribute to release planning.
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas.
- Ensure high testability and quality of delivered software.
- Work with QA and Operations teams to troubleshoot and fix defects in software.
- Participate in building Scrum process and agile culture within the company.
- Lead, coach, and mentor team of junior software engineers.
- Are you a tried, enterprise Software/Java Engineer, having worked in a dynamic, agile environment with minimal supervision?
- Do you have experience working with agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing?
- Are you credible, offering 7+ years of meaningful experience?
- Currently you are working with Java and Web services.
- UNIX/Linux is in your wheelhouse and you are currently utilizing your scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- You have strong database skills (SQL, MySQL, ORACLE).
- Solving problems is your passion.
- You possess superb communication skills.
- Able to identify tech debt and make recommendations of reduction.
- Actively participate in team design discussions and architectural decisions.
- Self-motivated teammate who excels in a reciprocal environment. (This is the place to take initiative and ask intelligent questions!)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field of study.
- You have the ability to scale applications.
- Working knowledge of AWS.
- You have a passion to deliver on-time, quality work.
- You accumulated your development experience in a true agile environment.
- You are passionate about our mission to transform the banking industry.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.