LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sr Data Scientist to join our innovative lending data science team. We do a lot of applied researches from high-dimension, structured and unstructured data to solve business problems, and bring the solution to production to make the real business impact.
In this role, you should have experience with critical thinking, highly analytical, and problem-solving skills. Also, you have passion to adopt any state-of-art machine learning algorithms and new big data tools/platform.
What You'll Do
- Research and build innovative solutions to enable large scale risk assessment and decisions
- Extract insights from massive and highly complex data sets to identify fraud risk patterns through advanced data mining and machine learning techniques
- Design and develop data-driven risk management strategies
- Work with product managers and engineering teams in deploying risk decisioning strategies, system enhancement, new product capabilities, trouble-shooting issues etc.
- Conduct on-going risk solutions/ strategy performance monitoring and re-optimization
- Perform various ad-hoc analysis relating to fraud risk management, communicate and share insights
- MS in a science or engineering field with 5+ years of relevant professional experience or a PhD degree with 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- SQL/HIVE, Python, R/SAS, or Java skills preferred. Experience with object-oriented computer programming and good understanding of big data is desirable.
- Proven experience in employing machine learning/analytics solution on real world problems
- Great communication and people skills; strong attention to details
- A collaborator with dedication and willingness to learn and adjust in a fast-paced working environment
- Prior knowledge of fraud risk management technologies in the Fintech is a plus
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.