LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
As a member of the SRE team, you will focus on monitoring and improving services and infrastructure enterprise wide. You will work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment to improve the company's technical operations where your insights, suggestions and recommendations will be leveraged regularly and encouraged as measures of success.
What You'll Do
Collaborate with operations, security and engineering teams to provide self-service frameworks that ensure the health of our platform and reduce risk and liabilities while controlling cost.
- Build monitoring infrastructure that is scalable and simple to maintain.
- Build monitoring framework to provide alerting that is reliable and actionable.
- Provide self-service framework to push monitoring change as code to help developer to monitor KPIs for microservices and distributed applications.
- Build automation that enable other engineering teams to integrate infrastructure and platform as part of development cycle.
- Build tools and integrate systems to handle new features and business requirements that scale transactions and secure data.
- Ensure changes are secure, compliant, efficient, and successfully implements the organization’s key business initiatives.
- Ensure security and infrastructure standards are being followed.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to monitor products being deployed to production.
- Participate in on-call to monitor site availability and reliability on a daily basis.
- 8+ years of experience working in Technology and bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of experience/certifications and education.
Active projects include:
- Modernize monitoring to streamline infrastructure and reduce cost: replace application performance monitoring, logging and time series metrics
- Replace Layer7 with a new API Gateway that manage API life-cycle, self-service onboarding and configuration as code
- AWS infrastructure as code: CI/CD and release process
- OPS Efficiency: enhance existing system with more self-service to enforce approval process and empower developers to trouble-shoot their services
Proposed Projects for 2020:
- Modernize deployment orchestration to support AWS migration
- Automation on database migration
- Create system to manage inventory and asset management
- Create service discovery for traffic routing, AWS migration testing, A/B and canary testing
- Modernize infrastructure orchestration as containerization for scalability and portability
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.