LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
Reporting into the Chief People Officer, the head of Compensation and People Analytics will be tasked with strategically evolving LendingClub’s compensation programs. This person will align our compensation philosophy and business goals to attract, retain and incent top talent in a high growth, innovative FinTech company. You will interact with the executive management team and work closely with members of the People Success and Finance teams to ensure the proper investment and spend on all employee programs.
What You'll Do
- Think through creative and innovative program design and manage compensation programs to help attract and reward our employees
- Develop robust people analytics format to support the organization with real time data to drive decisions.
- Lead and optimize reporting and dashboards in Workday to meet business requirements and create opportunities for automation, improvements and scalability.
- Manage, develop and coach compensation team members and provide partnership as needed to other People Success team members and key stakeholders
- Partner closely with key leaders across the business, People Success, Finance and Legal to understand needs and prioritize accordingly.
- Stay on top of internal trends and competitive market analysis, anticipating and navigating the potential impact to our pay philosophy and practices while identifying opportunities to be innovative and market leading.
- Own the annual and mid-year review process, collaborating with key People Success and Finance team stakeholders
- Understand equity compensation market practice and trends for high growth companies to recommend our overall equity strategies
- Oversee the design, implementation, governance and ongoing evolution of LendingClub’s sales incentive programs
- Respond to management requests for analysis of employee compensation competitiveness &/or employee demographics.
- Partner with Recruiting and HR Business Partners on total compensation offers
- Advise management and executives on compensation related issues and planning for team members
- Develop education, elearning, and communication materials about our compensation programs
- Review and refine business processes and governance models
- Experience with effectively scaling a compensation function to support the company’s business goals and growth, with a strong awareness of best practices
- Demonstrated experience in driving change and leading compensation initiatives (base, bonus, short-term, long-term incentives and benefits as a plus)
- Proven leadership skills as a business partner with the ability to interact successfully with all departments and levels; desire to lead and drive, as well as work hands on and independently
- Collaborative approach with solid relationship building, management and employee development skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions (Finance, People, etc.)
- Strong analytical, mathematical, statistical and conceptual skills; Excel expertise
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with equity programs, including option plans, RSU plans, ESPP plans and LTIPs
- Knowledge of appropriate statutes including FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Title VII, ERISA, HIPAA, PPACA and other applicable laws
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 7 - 10 years of compensation experience and 3+ years of leadership experience
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.