LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
LendingClubʼs Compliance Department is seeking a driven Compliance Manager, Compliance Program. In this role you will work transversally with all areas of Compliance (Borrower and Investor), as well as support the broader Enterprise Risk Management function as a Compliance point of contact.
In this role, you will report to the Director, Compliance Program and support the development and ongoing enhancements of processes related to key Compliance activities, including but not limited to: compliance risk assessments, compliance risk framework (risk appetite, key risk and performance indicators), third-party compliance risk management, investor and partner due diligence, compliance audit and compliance exam management, and other projects related to LendingClub’s compliance management system.
The successful candidate will demonstrate extraordinary communication and project management skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a dynamic and innovative business, attention to detail, a deep understanding of Compliance management systems in financial institutions and the flexibility to simultaneously work on a wide range of initiatives. In addition, the successful candidate will have the ability to work directly with business and team partners to understand needs and proactively recommend solutions and enhancements.
What You'll Do
- Enhance and execute the Regulatory Compliance Risk Assessment (RCRA) Methodology and perform RCRA-related activities, including managing the annual exercise, developing annual RCRA report, and tracking and reporting progress to address opportunities identified through RCRA process.
- Perform third-party compliance risk management activities, including performing initial and ongoing due diligence of vendors, documenting supporting Compliance procedures, and enhancing process to gain efficiencies and further identify third-party compliance risk.
- Support the Director, Compliance Program in the development of the compliance risk appetite and key compliance risk and performance indicators.
- Support the team members in the development of procedures made to ensure the enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool is being used effectively.
- Lead bank partner and investor due diligence activities, including gathering responses and documentation to inquiries, tracking follow-up items through completion, and preparing presentations.
- Assist in the management of compliance-related audits and examinations.
- Perform governance-related activities as assigned, including preparing standing, annual, and ad hoc committee presentations.
- You will assume responsibility for various transversal Compliance projects as needed.
- Ability to develop projects to address complex problems or needs; ability to drive results by leveraging strong business relations and project management.
- Ability to deliver quality results in the face of competing priorities, aggressive timelines, and evolving direction.
- Self-starter, willing to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and raising awareness when difficulties are encountered.
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, particularly with large data sets.
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities of our unique business model, advanced technology capabilities, and evolving regulatory environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of relevant experience in financial services risk and compliance functions.
- Familiarity with federal regulations related to the following activities: credit (e.g., ECOA, TILA, FCRA), financial crimes (e.g., BSA, OFAC, FCPA), privacy (Right to Financial Privacy, Regulation P, TCPA, CAN-SPAM), and investment (SEC, UDAP, Investment Advisors Act).
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification preferred.
- Experience handling regulatory examination and compliance audits, including developing and tracking timely corrective action.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other Office products.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.