LendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future – all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we’re America’s largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we’re leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
This is an incredible opportunity for an innovative, hands-on leader to help Lending Club scale its Auto Loan Operations, a recently launched consumer lending business, from the ground up. The goal is to capitalize on Lending Club’s innovative marketplace model and industry-leading brand to transform the Auto Lending industry, in the same fashion the company has transformed the Personal Loans space.
We are looking for someone that has played a major role in building or transforming critical credit & loan fulfillment processes to drive efficiency, reliability, compliance, and improve the overall customer experience.
The Auto Operations Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing new operational policies and procedures for Lending Club’s Auto products. In addition, this individual will be responsible for evaluating, designing, and ultimately building LendingClub’s Auto Servicing and Collections Team from the ground-up. The successful candidate will be data-driven, have a passion for launching new products (rather than optimizing existing ones), and a willingness to pitch in and take on a broad range of tasks to drive the business forward.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement new of Auto lending operations policies and procedures across loan originations
- Lead the evaluation, design and development of Lending Club’s Auto Loan Servicing Capabilities
- Partner with Lending Club’s existing Operations team
- Continuously improve operations processes and performance to drive bottom line results
- Evaluate, negotiate, integrate and manage relationships with all 3rd party providers for any outsourced operations
- Work with technology, legal and other Lending Club teams as needed to implement and improve operations
- Other hands-on work as required to launch Auto products
- 4+ years secured lending operations experience with significant time in Auto Lending
- Hands-on experience in developing Auto Loan Servicing and Collections Strategy
- Hands-on experience in Near/Sub Prime Auto Lending
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Proven hands-on expertise in Auto operations, with experience across the customer lifecycle from underwriting through charge off.
- Track record of driving growth while maintaining a best-in-class customer experience
- Demonstrated experience building, scaling or transforming processes to improve efficiency, reliability, and experience
- Experience working with 3rd party providers
- Deep understanding of secured vehicle markets and regulatory requirements
- A hands-on, results-oriented approach to business with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.