Simpplr is today’s modern employee intranet. Our software helps companies connect their workforce by streamlining strategic communications and forging employee connections.
As the founding leader of the Technical Implementation Team, (reports to VP Customer Success) you and your team serve as the primary technical resource for customers during the initial implementation and other key customer milestones. You and your team are customer-focused, technical experts that enjoy working with customers on detailed product questions and are also capable of strategizing with the customer on big-picture solutions.
This role will not only manage the CSEs but also the post-implementation support process and experience. We are looking for a leader that is excited about developing people and process to ensure we are managing and building a team of technical experts that will contribute to a world-class Simpplr experience.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Provide direction and coaching to support the growth and success of CSEs
- Build, manage and evolve a robust and comprehensive end-to-end support process
- Manage, grow and mentor the technical support team while driving exceptional customer satisfaction
- Explore, implement, and integrate systems that will help the team scale through tremendous growth
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to ensure resolution to critical issues
- Identify trends and research themes to advocate for holistic solutions to improve the customer experience
- Create and improve processes to scale technical activities of implementation and upgrades
- Produce reports to ensure visibility for critical and common issues
- As the team is scaling and getting built we are looking for a player-coach to:
- Provide expert advice to customers during implementation
- Work with customers through the upgrade process
- Manage technical support queue and provide timely and thorough updates to customers
- Serve as a trusted advisor by providing recommendations and sharing best practices
- Advocate for customer’s priorities internally within Simpplr.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams on escalated technical issues and product roadmap changes/new features.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) exhibiting the highest level of expertise in providing Simpplr Support.
- Provide consultative advice for customers
- Coach customers through SSO and other integrations
Your Skill Set
- 3+ years of people management with experience in developing and leading technical support teams
- 7+ years in direct customer-facing support, professional service, or customer success roles
- SaaS implementations
- Managed various segment sizes: SMB / MidMarket / Enterprise Deployments
- Experience with working with other functional leaders from Engineering, Product, Sales, etc.
- Advanced Salesforce.com Admin (certification preferred)
- Preferred but not required:
- JIRA / ZenDesk
- Other intranet software – Jive, Unily, Lumapps, Sharepoint
- Database skills
- SFDC coding skills. (APEX)
- SSO (AD, Okta, OneLogin, etc), understanding of Oauth, SAML, etc.
Other great things about you:
- You have successfully built, trained and developed technical teams
- You have created processes that improve both the customer experience and increase productivity of your team
- You are a customer-focused, technical expert who is responsible for executing and delivering our customer success offering. You are technically competent, business-oriented, and highly customer-centric.
- Specifically looking to join an early start-up: for the opportunity and the culture
- Enjoy helping customers with detailed product questions but also like to strategize with customers on big-picture solutions
- Attracted to the beginning stages of building out the CS / Support function (team/processes etc.)
- You have a good energy that contributes to a positive work environment and a great customer experience
- Like to multi-task and can switch gears between different types of customers and different type of activities
- You proactively implement/execute on new ideas when you see something can be improved or created
- You enjoy working with different functions both internally and externally as you can appreciate each role and bring different perspectives into your discussions
The Simpplr Story
In 2014, HR technology leader Workday realized there wasn’t an intranet technology that aligned with its mission—”to put people at the center of enterprise software.” Rather than settle, Workday turned to the founders of Simpplr to develop a modern intranet. And our company was born.
Today, Simpplr partners with leading brands, including AAA, DocuSign, Eurostar, and Columbia University, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and retention, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and Gurgaon, India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.