Simpplr is today’s modern employee intranet. Our software helps companies connect their workforce by streamlining strategic communications and forging employee connections.
As Simpplr’s Sales Director, you will be the leader of a high-performing sales professionals team. As the frontline sales manager, you will be primarily responsible for coaching and leading the team’s performance. You have built high-performing sales teams and you are skilled at training and developing those teams. You have demonstrated the ability to successfully supervise your teams while possessing the skillset to “roll up the sleeves” and contribute to sales cycles when needed. You can fill gaps in your team member’s skillset and step into sales cycles when necessary to ensure that targeted opportunities close on time. You are a high-energy contributor to the culture, and you are laser-focused on exceeding quota and capturing key logos.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Manage the sales process and ensure the sales team is following best practices for day-to-day tactical execution on all deals
- Drive unwavering adherence to all processes and ensure Salesforce.com hygiene
- Ensure successful execution of the sales model to meet or exceed bookings and revenue targets
- Review Mutual Success Plans for all deals and ensure we are engaging in a mutual business stature level with our prospects and customers
- Own the top-line revenue target for new logos and assist with field-level deal execution when necessary
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly performance and manage a reliable pipeline
- Build the sales team – hire and develop top-performing talent
- Conduct performance reviews and assess strengths and developmental needs for sales team members
- Support company go-to-market strategy and ensure all sales team members are utilizing the most current messaging, marketing materials, and sales tools
- Review and approve all contractual documentation before closure
- Review and approve key proposals, pricing exceptions, deal desk submissions, loss reports, and other sales process milestones
Your Skill Set
- At least 10 years of successful sales experience with SaaS/Cloud-based solutions, with 3 years in a sales leadership position
- Proven track record of excellence in sales and sales leadership where you have exceeded quota, accelerated close rates and generated growth
- Recruited, trained and built high-performance sales teams – with a track record of recruiting people to your next company
- Built plans, outlined processes and instrumented consistent and predictable forecasts
- Experience with both inside sales and enterprise account pursuits, having sold for a mix of both larger companies and start-ups
- Experience in building prospecting methodologies and managing Sales Development teams
- Performed as a hands-on leader with smaller organizations where creativity and flexibility were required to close deals and enable customers
- Experience in selling enterprise cloud applications. Experience with CRM, Salesforce, HR, intranet, collaboration, chat or enterprise social a plus
- Partnered with marketing, operations and customer success to define and enable an end-to-end process that accelerates sales velocity and customer success
The Simpplr Story
In 2014, HR technology leader Workday realized there wasn’t an intranet technology that aligned with its mission—”to put people at the center of enterprise software.” Rather than settle, Workday turned to the founders of Simpplr to develop a modern intranet. And our company was born.
Today, Simpplr partners with leading brands, including AAA, DocuSign, Eurostar, and Columbia University, our customers are achieving measurable productivity gains, increased employee engagement, and retention, and accelerated business performance.
Simpplr is headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and Gurgaon, India, and is backed by Norwest Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures.