Shape Security is seeking a driven, analytical and highly professional individual who is looking to take on new challenges as a data scientist, as part of the Shape Intelligence Center’s tooling team.
Today, Shape identifies and stops fraud against web and mobile applications of the Fortune Global 2000. Tomorrow, we’ll need to fight even more sophisticated adversaries for even more customers, while improving our efficacy. Help the team scale by developing tools and automating aspects of our analytics work, so that we can work smarter, faster and more effectively. Help the team tell better stories, and deliver even more useful insights for our customers.
If you have a passion for deriving actionable insights from complex big data sets, and love to develop beautiful and functional tools for data analytics and web security, then we’d love to talk with you.
- Developing methods to identify fraud. Find new and creative ways of detecting and stopping fraud for Shape’s customers, by leveraging our various platforms and our huge data sets. Refine these models with feedback from Shape and from customers, and automate them.
- Improving analytics tooling. Use your analytics instincts to design and develop tools that will transform our analytics pipeline. Such tools will involve both front-end web architecture and back-end API services. Quickly prototype new tools based on the team’s needs, and iterate on these tools based on user feedback.
- Work cross-functionally both within the team and across teams in Shape. Identify issues that inhibit the team’s ability to scale, and work with other teams in Shape to fix them, including contributing code and time to selected engineering projects.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to manipulate, model, interpret and visualize large quantities of structured data, using tools such as Jupyter notebooks and libraries such as Pandas. Experience working in a fraud / trust and safety environment is highly preferred but not strictly required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, personable, and persistent. A good listener. Self-motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of an agile team.
- A demonstrated enthusiasm and capacity to learn new technologies quickly.
- A scrappy yet meticulous approach, and a love for problem solving!