At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
The Growth team at Plaid combines deep technical, product, and industry knowledge to help our customers build and scale amazing applications. We believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years.
Plaid is looking for an experienced professional to facilitate our commercial relationships with some of the largest names in fintech and financial services. The right candidate has impeccable business instincts and can drive strong commercial outcomes that position our customers and Plaid for success.
You will serve as a thought partner, contract facilitator, and at times, lead negotiator for major contract renewals and expansions. Your work is thoroughly impactful as you define our commercial terms with Plaid's B2B customers. You're motivated by tangible outcomes in win-win deals struck with customers.
You'll also play the enabler for the broader Plaid Growth team. You will help craft repeatable, robust commercial processes for an increasingly global team to utilize, leading to more speed and consistency. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and diving into data analysis to make more educated decisions and bring clarity to yourself and those around you. You're keen on transparency and visibility to enable sharper decision-making and organizational communication.
What you'll do
- Lead major customer contract renewals
- Craft pricing strategies that work for Plaid and our existing customers
- Evolve and improve commercial terms, practices, and processes
- Collaborate closely with Plaid’s Account Management team to ensure contracts continue to offer the best fit for customers
- Enable successful and consistent renewals, as well as assist with new growth and upsell opportunities with customers
What excites us
- A business decathlete
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally on challenging, high visibility projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and drive results with senior external stakeholders
- A teacher and mentor who enjoys leveling up those around with past experience and capabilities
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excitement to work in a high-growth, ambiguous environment and to help build processes and tools as needed