Spend your days making a difference, not just working for a living. At Galvanize, we help our 7,000 customers in 140 countries make a direct impact on the world every day. We do that by creating security, risk management, compliance, and audit software that uncovers fraud, waste, and abuse in their organizations.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with an award-winning culture, we’ve grown to include ten global offices. We work with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. Our Values are Customer Intensity, Disruptive Innovation, and Authenticity, and they influence everything we do.
You will work on some of the largest production Rails apps in the industry, with direct access to infrastructure as code built in Ruby that automates our multi-region AWS deployments around the world. We have a product development group of 165+ and counting (the company has over 475 employees). To understand more about software development at Galvanize, check out our blog.
We’re searching for a Senior Software Engineer with extensive experience in Rails, PostgreSQL and AWS or similar backend technologies. You will collaborate with, mentor and guide a team of talented developers to design, build, test and deploy robust, scalable and secure APIs that power visually-stunning user interfaces. You’ll also collaborate across teams to build shared services, seamless integrations, as well as tackle interesting scalability and performance challenges.
What you need to succeed
- You have strong ability to coach, mentor and lead fellow developers, provide guidance on technical design and provide constructive code reviews.
- You have experience designing and building large-scale, high availability, secure web applications using Rails or similar web framework in an agile environment.
- You have experience building robust, scalable and secure RESTful APIs, working with relational databases (ideally PostgreSQL) and AWS.
- You have experience refactoring large and complex codebase with the help of a strong test suite.
- You write clean code and care deeply about code quality.
- You believe in TDD, and detest having bugs slip through to production.
- You are passionate about learning and continuous improvement.
- You have an interest in learning and exploring frontend technologies, especially React and Redux.
- You are actively involved in local meetups and contribute to open source projects.
Why you’ll love working here
- You’ll tackle unique challenges and face the unknown often, supported by an amazing team who really want you to succeed.
- Your growth opportunities are endless. From professional development to job shadowing, we’ll work with you to make your career goals happen.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We believe in mentorship, supporting students to explore opportunities in STEM, and many other important causes.
- You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, onsite gym and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy, paid days off to volunteer in your community, relocation opportunities to our international offices and more.
Ready to apply?
Thanks for your interest! Apply at wegalvanize.com/careers. Once we’re reviewed your application and determined it’s a match, we’ll reach out with next steps. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.