The Director of Sales Development, based in Portland, Oregon, is responsible for the Sales Development Representatives (SDR) team quota, net new pipeline and revenue. This is a great opportunity to build, coach and grow a key part of the sales organization working in partnership with marketing and each sales function in North America and Europe. This ideal candidate should have a history of success in optimizing team performance, operational excellence, and ensuring a superior prospect experience at Act-On. This role reports to the VP of Sales.
- Hire, train and manage a team of SDR’s whose role consists of high volume outbound activity, inbound lead qualification, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Establish best practices, tools and processes for lead follow up and outbound prospecting
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to establish a systemic approach to inbound and outbound lead generation that is aligned with sales goals and marketing initiatives
- Collaborate regularly with sales leaders to discuss best practices, business and market trends and review qualification approach to maximize SQLs
- Develop hiring plan and development plan to maintain high level of talent in a high turnover role
- Continuously manage the performance and development of team through proper coaching, development of sales skills, competitive positioning, motivation, goal setting and general direction.
Key Skill Sets and Experiences
- 5+ years experience leading and track record of successfully coaching, mentoring, and developing sales talent for a SaaS technology company
- Outstanding leadership skills. Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Experience with SDR enablement/training/mentoring of new hires
- Strong attention to detail, and an obsessive like approach to lead management
- Salesforce.com experience a must
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university