Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 34 buildings, 6 cities, and over 900 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and convenient living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate buildings in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, Washington, D.C., and Virginia Beach and receive over 16,000 new member applications per month.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-starters, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is looking for an experienced Property Manager to manage a building in Greater Norfolk, VA. You will manage the day-to-day operations of the property including managing team members, daily activities, and property resources to achieve budgeted financial and operational goals. In this role, your direct reports will include a Maintenance Superintendent and Maintenance Techs. You will report to the Director of Property Management and work closely with the onsite Leasing Specialist.
- Provide a best in class tenant experience through proper communication, timely maintenance requests, and above all, a clean and safe environment
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the property including maintenance oversight, lease administration, and rent collections
- Lead, motivate, and develop a high performing staff. Provide coaching, guidance, ongoing feedback and motivation to staff, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Utilize online accounting systems, including but not limited to creating and approving purchase orders and invoices
- Provide budgeting, financial reporting, and tracking. Each month you will be responsible for producing a variance analysis of the property’s performance
- Ensure Maintenance Staff are prioritizing and managing work orders
- Ongoing management of a staff that includes Maintenance Superintendents, Maintenance Techs, and third party trade partners dedicated to keeping the property in top condition
- Implement a preventative maintenance plan to ensure all building systems and grounds are well maintained, conform to building code, and relevant regulations
- Conduct regular inspections of the buildings and grounds to ensure quality appearance and efficient operations.
- Provide and maintain accurate record-keeping of all maintenance requests
- Maintain and manage all documents to ensure Noah is compliant with all local laws and regulations. Stay up-to-date with tenant/landlord regulations as they relate to evictions
- Help suggest improvements and fixes to make our Property Management process run more efficiently
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- A minimum of 5 years as a Residential Property Manager.
- Bachelor's' degree or equivalent work experience.
- Current Virginia Real Estate Salesperson License.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Working knowledge of building systems.
- General knowledge of Section 8 procedures
- Strong knowledge of fair housing rules and regulations.
- Good understanding of the nuances of local property regulations.
- Comfortable with technology such as word processing, spreadsheets, database management programs, and property management software (preferably Yardi).
- Experience bidding out contracts and capital improvement projects.
- Ability to support and/or manage the eviction process.
What We Offer
- Strong leadership and mentoring ability.
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills with a keen attention to detail; organized, methodical approach to execution.
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity paid holidays, weekly team lunches, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.