Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 35 buildings, 6 cities, and over 1,000 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working everyday to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Housekeeping Manager to build and manage Common’s housekeeping strategy. Your team will manage all of Common’s weekly cleanings, shared supplies restocking, and turns as members move in and out of ours homes. You will work closely with the Property Services and Member Experience teams to define and measure processes for scale with the aim of creating a delightful experience for our members. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Property Services.Responsibilities
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness, service and product quality standards of all Common homes
- Build and manage Common’s housekeeping strategy
- Lead, direct and administer all housekeeping operations including, but not limited to, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, inventory control, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new team members.
- Conduct inspections of our homes to identify areas of opportunities for the Housekeeping team.
- Partner with Operations leads to create quarterly goals.
- Manage nationwide housekeeping budgets and influence OpEx underwriting for future Common homes.
- Approve weekly payroll and manage cleaning schedules as well as staff schedules
- Establish, maintain, and grow relationships with third parties including vendors and suppliers to support your team.
- You have 4+ years of management experience in Housekeeping
- You feel comfortable dealing with multiple systems to manage your team
- You have demonstrated experience in creating scalable and nationwide processes
- You have experience managing budgets
- You have experience working with and managing vendors
- You are able to navigate ambiguity and make data-informed decisions quickly
- You are able to anticipate and communicate issues before they become problems
- You are comfortable working cross-departmentally to get things done
- You have excellent verbal and written communication
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.