Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 35 buildings, 6 cities, and over 1,000 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working everyday to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology and service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
- First point of contact for prospective members looking to join our new or existing homes
- Respond to inbound leads, qualifying their interest and fit against our available inventory
- Become an expert on our portfolio of homes and services
- Track key metrics such as throughput, conversion rates and room inventory velocity
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Member Services, Digital Product, Legal and Finance teams to build processes, tools and systems that scale
- Conduct 3D and Virtual tours through our homes with opportunities.
- Own the sales cycle
- You have 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably in a role where you were responsible for the entire sales cycle
- You are comfortable selling over the phone, on video calls, or in person
- You are comfortable working in environments where you don't have specific directions are able to take initiative and carve out a path to success for yourself
- You have demonstrated emotional intelligence and can tailor our message to respond to prospect’s specific circumstances
- You will be able to demonstrate both a consultative and aggressive selling style if need be, and can tailor our value to respond to prospect’s specific pain points and challenges.
- Your schedule is flexible and will be willing to work weekends and evenings if need be.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.