Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Summary of Duties
- We're looking for our first Data Engineer with an amazing opportunity to design, develop, and deliver our data platform from the ground up.
- Design, develop and deliver/implement data solutions to include: architecture design, prototyping of concepts to proof of concept, development of standards, design, and development of test plans, code and module design, development and testing, data solution debugging, and design and implementation.
- Optimize existing data pipelines and create new ones to manage data sets while learning the platforms from which we extract data. Develop and maintain third-party API processes for data pipelines.
- Design, implement and manage data warehouse solutions.
- Support and maintain data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs. Document structure and processes.
- Work with Data Science to create and launch new models.
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our data platform.
- 5+ Years of Software Engineering Experience with a focus on Data
- Experience programming in SQL (No-SQL is a plus).
- Experience with ETL tools such as Talend/Stitch, Alooma, Fivetran, or similar tools DBT tools.
- Experience with Data Warehousing solutions such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or similar managed solutions.
- Expert data modeling skills with experience tuning and optimizing for performance.
- Experience designing and operating data services & data pipelines
- Familiarity with GCP’s data tooling (e.g. Dataflow, CloudComposer, BigQuery, PubSub) or similar cloud tooling.
- Experience with financial datasets and associated reporting.
- Strong CS fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.