Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Our team is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer who is patient, empathetic, and highly communicative. We are looking for the best and brightest problem-solvers that have a positive attitude and can anticipate the needs of our growing user base. This role is a hybrid of support specialist and technical resource and will act as the technical liaison between Product/Engineering and Customer Success. If you’re someone who can be comfortable in high-pressure situations, exude excellent communication and have the ability to resolve technical conflicts, we'd love to hear from you.
- Identify the root cause of issues
- Troubleshoot and fix minor issues for Dave members
- Quantify scope and severity for issues
- Communicate symptoms of issues
- Work with other TSEs and colleagues from other functions to help Customer Success reach its goals
- Work with your squad to improve Customer Success’ tools, Zendesk, and member-facing resources
- Willingness to become familiar with our front and back-end application code as well as our data model
- Developing an understanding of a Dave Member’s journey, the potential issues they can run into, and any necessary fixes / workarounds provided in the past.
- Being a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Customer Success on Dave member issues by being embedded in a cross-functional squad
- Taking ownership of sensitive member issues and ensuring prompt service restoration and resolution to the member’s satisfaction
- Working with various cross-functional squads at Dave regarding new products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability
- Contributing to technical documentation (such as White Papers, FAQs, Issues, and Solutions) for internal and/or external use
- Collaborating with your cross-functional team on determining which tools Dave should invest in building to maximize ROI on ticket resolution speed
- 5+ years of experience in a technical customer support role
- Experience with the Dave Tech Stack: Typescript (Runs on Node.js), MySQL, Google Cloud Platform, React Native, React
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, along with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn technical concepts and development process
- Strong problem-solving skills, applicable to large and complex system scenarios
- Customer management and customer service skills.
Benefits & Perks:
· Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
· Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
· Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
· Generous and flexible PTO
· Catered lunch 3x/week
· Voluntary life insurance plan
· Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
· Flexible work hours
· 401(k) savings plan
· Central location
· Generous paid parental leave
· 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
· An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
· A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.