Dremio is the Data Lake Engine company. Our mission is to reshape the world of analytics to deliver on the promise of data with a fundamentally new architecture, purpose-built for the exploding trend towards cloud data lake storage such as AWS S3 and Microsoft ADLS. We dramatically reduce and even eliminate the need for the complex and expensive workarounds that have been in use for decades, such as data warehouses (whether on-premise or cloud-native), structural data prep, ETL, cubes, and extracts. We do this by enabling lightning-fast queries directly against data lake storage, combined with full self-service for data users and full governance and control for IT. The results for enterprises are extremely compelling: 100X faster time to insight; 10X greater efficiency; zero data copies; and game-changing simplicity. And equally compelling is the market opportunity for Dremio, as we are well on our way to disrupting a $25BN+ market.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the Role
Dremio is on a mission to democratize access to data. Our proprietary Querying Engine enables ultra-fast and self-service access to data stored in Data Lakes, SQL and NoSQL databases. We’re seeking awesome engineers to come join our engineering team. We’re looking for seasoned software engineers to join a truly remote-friendly company - work from anywhere in the Western region of the US including your sofa, the beach, or our offices in Seattle or Santa Clara.
Responsibilities and Ownership
- Work on distributed systems for data processing, with efficient protocols and communication, locking and consensus, schedulers, resource management, low latency access to distributed storage, auto scaling, and self healing.
- Understand and reason about concurrency and parallelization to deliver scalability and performance in a multithreaded and distributed environment.
- Use modular design patterns to deliver an architecture that’s rooted in simplicity, that’s easy to iterate on and constantly evolve.
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency in Java and/or C++ with 5+ years of experience developing production level software
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous patterns and their applications towards developing scalable systems
- Experience developing scalable distributed systems and deploying, scaling, and managing microservices
- Experience with containers and kubernetes for orchestration and container management in private and public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) a plus
- Excellent communication skills and affinity for collaboration and teamwork
- Interested in and motivated to be part of a fast-moving startup with a fun and accomplished team
- Startup experience a plus
Dremio doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Dremio.