Dremio is the Data Lake Engine company. Our mission is to reshape the world of analytics to deliver on the promise of data with a fundamentally new architecture, purpose-built for the exploding trend towards cloud data lake storage such as AWS S3 and Microsoft ADLS. We dramatically reduce and even eliminate the need for the complex and expensive workarounds that have been in use for decades, such as data warehouses (whether on-premise or cloud-native), structural data prep, ETL, cubes, and extracts. We do this by enabling lightning-fast queries directly against data lake storage, combined with full self-service for data users and full governance and control for IT. The results for enterprises are extremely compelling: 100X faster time to insight; 10X greater efficiency; zero data copies; and game-changing simplicity. And equally compelling is the market opportunity for Dremio, as we are well on our way to disrupting a $25BN+ market.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that really do change the world (no BS), we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the Role - And About You
Your role will be to increase awareness and adoption of our Data Lake Engine product and service offerings via technical content and evangelism. You excel at influencing the product roadmap by bringing market and customer insights to R&D, while also creating and curating highly relevant technical content for data engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and data architects. You know how to break down and get inside different data architectures and approaches to uncover the “why” and educate on the trade-offs and implications. And you’re a strong collaborator who works closely with your Product Marketing counterparts and Solution Architects to deliver a strong cohesive enterprise message.
Did we do a good job describing you? Well alright then - read on!
The Activities You Need to Drive
- Educate our technical audience on the nitty gritty of how our capabilities work to solve problems and deliver value
- Evaluate competitive approaches (including open source) at the architectural ad feature level, and educate on the differences, and how/why Dremio’s approach is better for customers
- Benchmark us vs. competition along the most important criteria for our technical buyers and evaluators
- Use the very same customer and competitive research to influence product strategy
- Evangelize and demonstrate Dremio to analysts, prospects, and customers—in meetings, webinars, seminars, at conferences and tradeshows, and anywhere else required
- Define and deliver technical product marketing deliverables including product and solution demos, videos, presentations, blogs, webinars, competitive analyses, technical whitepapers, thought leadership content, and enablement material
The Competencies You Need to Bring
- 5+ years of experience in technical product marketing, product management, or sales engineering in enterprise software and/or SaaS
- 2+ years of data analytics industry and/or practitioner experience—preferably with hands-on experience using analytics technologies
- Strong hands-on experience handling and supporting cloud infrastructures
- A knack for using new software tools—from video screen-capture and editing, to collaboration software, and more
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology with flair, and to different types of audiences
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software company
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline
The Benefits You’ll Get Along the Way
- Medical, dental, vision
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers. Ping pong, acoustic guitars, and karaoke anyone?
- The deep satisfaction of reshaping an industry for the better. This sort of profound shift doesn’t happen often!
- Being part of an incredible startup success story as we drive towards an eventual IPO and beyond.
Founded in 2015, Dremio is an exciting, early-stage, Series B, well-funded startup in hyper-growth mode. Created by veterans of open source and big data technologies, and the co-creators of Apache Arrow, Dremio helps companies get a lot more value from their data, a lot faster. We are headquartered in Santa Clara, CA, and backed by Lightspeed, Norwest, Redpoint and Cisco Ventures.
Connect with Dremio on GitHub, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook and visit https://www.dremio.com/careers/ for more information on the opportunities at Dremio.
Dremio doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Dremio.