- Excel at working directly with customers to plan, implement, and maintain production deployments.
- Use a systematic approach to proficiently troubleshoot, identify problems, and resolve technical issues requiring understanding of RHEL/CentOS and the components of the Dtex “big-data analytics” system, including ElasticSearch.
- Conduct basic training of the Dtex Kibana-based UI, including end-user and admin features as appropriate, to customers.
- Duplicate issues (individually or with QA) to identify bugs, interoperability issues, feature enhancements, and workarounds.
- Work well individually, as well as in teams that may include members from Sales and Engineering, in addition to Customer Engineering colleagues.
- Maintain individual (virtual) test environment to stay up-to-date with the new product features and to validate procedures prior to use on customer systems.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical, customer-facing, problem-solving role.
- 2+ years as an L2 Technical Support Engineer, Linux System Administrator, NOC Engineer, DevOps Engineer, and/or Developer of applications on clustered Linux servers.
- Good Linux knowledge, including networking, performance, and security domains.
- Excellent time management skills and strong sense of urgency.
- Prefer understanding of databases, e.g. ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL
- Experience in large, clustered, enterprise software deployment, configuration, and maintenance with knowledge of Web Applications, secure communications, clustered data bases.
- Understanding of system performance elements in applications running in clustered Linux environments.
- Good understanding of Windows desktop and server environments, including administration and endpoint application troubleshooting techniques.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, both internally and externally.
- Security domain knowledge
- BS / MS Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Technical support experience strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of any of RHEL/CentOS, Apache, Elasticsearch, Kibana, complex distributed computing, data flow statistics, system monitoring
- Experience working in different server environments, e.g. virtual machines, AWS environment, physical servers
- Experience working with or in large, complex enterprise, financial or government environments.
- Knowledge of Insider Threat, UEBA space
- Experience in security, operations, project or account management, system administration