Grove Collaborative is looking to expand their accounting operations team to Portland, Maine. As the Accounting Operations Manager, you will play a critical role in building out the accounting operations team. The role will manage, define and optimize the day-to-day processes including accounts payable, receivables and order-to-cash processes. You will participate in cross-functional system-related projects and lead the evolution of accounting operations team and responsibilities.
Your Role & Impact
- Develop and manage a team of 4+ direct reports
- Monitor invoice transactions backlog, exceptions and workload to ensure productivity standards are met
- Partner with merchandise team to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in the implementation of enhancements, and other automation projects
- Evaluate and recommend changes to accounting processes including documenting and maintaining accounting procedures in support of continuous improvement efforts
- Support various month end close procedures, including but not limited to preparation and/or review of journal entries and reconciliation of certain balance sheet accounts under area of responsibility
- Manage expense administration under Expensify, TripActions and corporate cards
- Support for ad-hoc projects as required from time to time
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems
- 6+ years of relevant experience, including 4 years of people management. Experience in retail or eCommerce is a plus!
- Experience supporting and/or developing enterprise level business systems. Experience with Netsuite is a plus!
- General knowledge of finance and accounting concepts
- Must be able to work independently and solve problems with efficiency
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.