Grove is a high-growth eCommerce brand shipping hundreds of thousands of orders to happy customers each month. We're looking for an experienced, technical Director of Product to lead the development of internal tools (related to customer service, marketing, and inventory management) and 3rd party integrations. Our business is scaling fast and this role will be responsible for creating operating leverage, automation for a terrific customer experience at scale, and innovative technology solutions to keep the business humming.
You’ll work with and hire a team of product managers to develop and deliver internal tools that our employees love to use, and scale-out our eCommerce platform and 3rd party integrations.
Your Impact & Responsiblities
- Lead. mentor and hire a team of TPMs that are working across a variety of initiatives to improve our tooling, eCommerce platform, APIs, and integrations.
- Deliver and scale new innovative customer service tooling to drive efficiency and profitability in the business.
- Work with developers in San Francisco, North Carolina, and overseas to create scalable back-office solutions for complex domains like inventory management, product information master, and more.
- Understand the business deeply, and create both short and long-term strategies that move the P&L and drive profitability.
- Partner with the CTO, COO, VP of Engineering, VP of Consumer Products to define what’s possible and ensure we are investing our resources as effectively as possible.
- Augment our capabilities with agencies, consultants, and contractors when necessary.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 8+ years of experience in Product Management with 4+ years of experience leading teams and organizations.
- Experience leading a team of 4+ Product Managers and working with offshore teams
- Previous experience owning an area of internal tools, or technical platform, and a track record of delivering scalable results
- Ideal candidate possesses inventory management and customer service tooling experience
- Comfortable digging deep into API design (or managing technical PMs who can) and integration strategies.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.