We are looking to hire a Staff Accountant to be an integral part of the growing accounting team at Grove. In this role you will be responsible for preparing account reconciliations and journal entries to facilitate reporting of the Company’s monthly financial performance to management. You will assist the senior accountants and accounting manager in building out processes to execute an efficient and timely financial statement close.
The ideal candidate is eager to learn new concepts and take on new challenges. You enjoy working independently, but also as part of a dynamic, hard-working team.
Your Role & Impact
- Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end close procedures (calculating estimates, preparing journal entries, and preparing account reconciliations) for key balance sheet (including inventory, internally developed software and various accruals) and income statement accounts (including revenue, contra-revenue and cost of revenue)
- Support the senior accountants and accounting manager with month-end close, including the preparation of monthly management reporting package
- Prepare monthly flux/trending analysis and budget versus actual analysis
- Prepare audit schedules that may be requested by the auditors to support our annual financial statement audit
- Support ad-hoc finance and accounting projects, from time to time
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a major in Accounting or Business administration with an Accounting emphasis
- 2+ years of work experience – 1 year of public accounting experience is preferred; additional corporate accounting experience is a plus
- CPA license, or in-progress a plus
- Experience with accounting for inventory a plus
- Experience with Microsoft word and intermediate excel knowledge (i.e. vlookups, pivot tables)
- Understanding of current GAAP standards
- Ability to work independently and solve problems efficiently
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.