Grove Collaborative is a direct-to-consumer e-commerce platform for natural home and personal care products. With a mission to help every family create a healthy, beautiful home, Grove offers a flexible recurring shipment model and gives each customer a personal shopper, we call them "Grove Guides".
We sell real products to real people and make a positive impact.
We're not just selling to Silicon Valley & New York. Our customers are real families across the United States. We've helped over a million families to make better decisions about sustainable products.
What makes us different?
We are a B Corp. Grove is part of a group of about 2,500 companies such as Patagonia and Ben & Jerry's that balances social & environmental impact with profits. We can only do well if our community, environment, employees, and customers do well.
About the role:
As a Senior Operations Manager, you will have a key role at the company that manages our most critical asset, the Grove workforce. This role is all about the people in the fulfillment center. Primary responsibilities include recruiting, training, coaching and driving operational efficiencies and quality. Swing Shift B is Wednesday-Saturday, 5:00pm to 3:30am, with some flexibility for coverage needed. The work you and your team do is critical for the success of Grove. We have a fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven company with a team that is passionate about delighting our customers. It's going to be an incredible ride, come join us and you’ll have a great opportunity to further develop your skills.
- All operational aspects of the fulfillment center for a given shift.
- Partnering with our People team to recruit, train and develop your workforce for the fulfillment center.
- Communicate goals in a timely manner to ensure your employees understand what’s important and how to do it – “the Whats, the Whys and the Hows”.
- Ensure all associates get timely feedback on performance.
- Drive operational goals for productivity, safety, quality and costs while seeking to identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure your team is properly trained.
- Cross collaboration work with your fellow Fulfillment Center Operations Managers, Operations Strategy, Finance and People teams. These are your primary partners who help you and you help - we all succeed or fail together as a Grove team.
- Drive the importance of a customer-first attitude with everyone in the warehouse.
- Celebrate successes and acknowledge failures with specific solutions for improvement to the entire warehouse.
- Ensure compliance to all required operating practices and safety practices.
- Ensure a safe, clean, and professional fulfillment center.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A Bachelor’s or MBA degree in, operations, engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of supply chain leadership experience in fulfillment or similar environment.
- At least 3 years of experience as an operations manager or similar role in a large fulfillment center(s) where you have been managing 200+ employees that fulfilled ecommerce orders or equivalent.
- You are an active and visible leader that spends a lot of time on the floor, so you have first-hand knowledge of how things work.
- You are motivated by helping others to succeed. Being a coach is second nature and you are gratified by helping people reach their full potential.
- You inspire and motivate the workforce in the good times and the bad times. The workforce trusts you to be honest.
- You enjoy seeking out great behaviors to showcase them and publicly acknowledge people for them.
- Superior communications skills. Ability to break down complex strategies into easy to understand concepts. In short, you enjoy talking with people and are thoughtful about how you do it.
- You are metrics driven and can get insights from data. You are an expert in taking these insights and identifying who needs help and who we should be using as an example of how to improve.
- You're extremely customer and employee-centric and are comfortable managing through ambiguity as well as conflict in order to balance short-term needs against the bigger picture and vision of where we're headed.
- Demonstrable experience in recruiting workforce.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent follow-up routines (you're very organized!)
- Previous experience in a highly mechanized/automated e-commerce operation a big plus.
We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.
If you join, you'll get:
Very Competitive Salaried Compensation!
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits.
Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, AD&D Coverage
All the equipment and applications you will need to excel at your job!
25% Employee Discount and free shipping on all of our amazing products!
An opportunity to make big impacts in a visible role as well as to build your skillset!
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.