Grove Collaborative is a digital-first consumer products brand based in San Francisco, with a mission to help families across the country make the switch to natural, non-toxic household products, and create a beautiful home. Our team has introduced hundreds of thousands of families to beautiful, sustainable and natural products. We thrive on delighting customers, fast growth and building a lasting culture!
What makes us different?
We are a B Corp- a group of about 2500 companies (like Patagonia and Ben & Jerry's) that prioritize social & environmental impact as well as profits. We can only do well if our community, environment, employees, and customers do well too. We are motivated by the belief that our purpose as a business is to make a tangible social impact - and that our ability to do that over time requires that we build a high-performing team and business.
We sell real things to real people and make an impact. We're not only selling to Silicon Valley & New York; Our customers are real families across the United States. We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of families make better decisions and use more sustainable products.
Grove Collaborative is growing! We have fulfillment centers located in PA, NV, and MO. To support our growth and continue delighting our customers,we currently have an opening for a Swing (2nd) Shift Warehouse Supervisors to join our amazing team, in St.Peters, MO, where you'll be on the front lines contributing to awesome member experiences! You will report to an Operations Manager and be responsible for leading high service level operations on our Swing Shift A, which is Sun-Wed, 6:00pm-4:30am OR Swing Shift B, which is Wed-Sunday, 6:00p-4:30am, with some flexibility for coverage as needed.
These are new additional management roles that have been added due to our significant growth!!
- Manage day-to-day activities with responsibility for the overall safety, quality, performance, teamwork and member experience of your assigned shift.
- Set and clarify departmental requirements and expectations while creating an environment of teamwork, collaboration and open communication.
- Understand safety procedures, ensure safe working practices and document accidents/incidents timely.
- Prioritize meeting deadlines appropriately.
- Exhibit professional behavior while coping well with ambiguity and change.
- Drive results and approach obstacles proactively.
- Ensure company policies are communicated and enforced consistently.
- Source and nurture ideas and roll them into the creation of improvement plans.
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and within the entire organization.
- Work closely with other departments to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives.
- Track production metrics and utilize data to develop strategies for continuous improvement and report to management.
- Assist with the establishment of long-term operational strategic plans
- Recognize top performance, coaching and progressive discipline for poor performance.
- Propose and implement improvements in equipment and processing methods.
- Conduct time-card review daily and weekly to ensure pay accuracy.
- Complying with OSHA and other safety regulations
- Ensure adherence to the highest quality, efficiency, and ethical standards in operations
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat and well-organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, engineering or a related field
- 3-5 years minimum proven leadership/supervisory experience in developing teams of 100+ within in a Fulfillment or Distribution environment
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise and polished
- Natural coach who gives feedback in real time to help your team exceed expectations
- Proven ability to lead process improvements through the lean process or Kaizen, as well as, provide solutions when problem solving
- Dedicated to quality and high standards
- Positive, ambitious, energetic, hardworking with a strong work ethic
- A team player who respects co-worker's opinions, treating everyone with courtesy
- Able to communicate effectively and take direction
- Dependable, responsible, reliable, and mature
- Exceptional listener who is well organized and has an eye for detail
- Able to work in a team environment, provide honest and direct feedback
- Able to handle ambiguity, changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Experienced with performance metrics
- Analytical with problem solver abilities
- Proven history of illustrating a dedication to meeting requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all requests promptly, thoroughly and timely
- Experienced in MS Office, other operating systems, warehousing systems and applications such as Warehouse Management Systems (ShipHawk, HighJump, etc.)
- Comfortable working in an environment where there are forklifts, machinery, large trucks, and other standard or substandard warehouse equipment.
- Ability to repetitively lift up to 50lbs. and to stand/walk for 8+ hours.
- Must be able to pass a background check, including motor vehicle check
- Must be able to independently lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, squat, on a frequent to continual basis in a warehouse environment
- Reach above shoulder level frequently
- Ability to work in an environment where the temperatures vary with season
- Ability to work in a loud work environment (Loud production/manufacturing/ forklift machinery)
- Valid Driver’s License & Valid Forklift Operator Certification (We will train!)
- Reliable means of transportation to meet the needs of the position.
- Ability to work legally in the United States.
Let’s do this
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It's a heck of a lot of fun, and we'd love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.