Neocis is a venture-backed start-up company in Miami, FL developing the next generation of robotic surgery systems. Neocis received FDA clearance for the first robotic guidance system in the dental industry, and the team has a successful track record in robotic surgery. It is a ground-floor opportunity to build a field service team for a high-tech company that is poised to revolutionize surgery.
Neocis is looking for a Director of Field Service to contribute significantly to the expansion of the business by helping to bring new technology to market across the country. This is an exciting time to join Neocis as it pioneers new high-tech approaches to patient care. To learn more, go to www.neocis.com.
This position is located at the Neocis Inc. Headquarters in the trendy Wynwood area of Miami, FL.
Neocis Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including unlimited paid time off and medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer and service records, ordering repair parts, and returning defective parts
- Provide leadership and technical direction to direct reports including continuous evaluation of staff performance to evolving company needs, mentoring, interviewing, hiring,and disciplinary action
- Manage all open service cases, moving them to a close in an efficient manner while keeping clients up to date on progress
- Travel significantly (70%+) to support systems in the field
- Identify process improvement opportunities and suggest workflows to keep repairs and replacement expenses on budget
- Ensure timely and successful product upgrades
- Attend internal design reviews and engineering change control activity conducted by engineering to critique and recommend design solutions and proposed changes
- Establish departmental and manager team goals within the framework of schedule, quality, technical, and financial objectives
- Drive the development and application of consistent field service practices & standards.
- Establish meaningful performance metrics and measure progress against established standards
- Oversees departmental budgets and expenditures
- Maintain test equipment utilized in service activities
- Maintain regular, frequent communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all field service documentation is accurate, streamlined and consistent.
- Ensure field replacement units (FRU) documentation is updated and available to all departments
- Schedule preventive maintenance efficiently to minimize downtime
- Work with Finance and Operations to establish appropriate cost standards, as well as budgeting for field service capital and expense spending
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent (10 years in relevant experience)
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Field Service with complex electromechanical assemblies
- Experience with functioning in a highly regulated environment with working knowledge of ISO 13485 and FDA requirements
- Must be able to travel domestically or internationally,, approximately 70%+.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Must be able to handle stress positively and effectively
- Excellent process development capabilities
Additional Qualifications of Interest
- Advanced degree in Engineering (M.S. or PhD.)
- Experience with Robotics
- Expertise in international consensus standards
- Knowledge of dental/oral anatomy and surgery
- Experience in a start-up or small company