Want to use your engineering chops to help others?
Interested in working for a human-centered health technology company that prides itself on doing things the right way as we pivot to enormous scale? Want to be surrounded by intensely curious and innovative thinkers? Qventus is seeking to solve some complex technical challenges in hospital operations with predictive analytics. Think of us as an air traffic control center for the many complicated aspects of running a hospital.
The Role and responsibilities
- As our Manager of DevOps, you will be charged with supporting teams routinely asked to press the boundaries of the possible.
- You will help to shape our use of automation tooling, and development of infrastructure and platform while working to support a high level of scale.
- You are at home in Linux and aware of the operating system fundamentals in terms of configuration, security, and networking.
- This role is right for you if you have also considered the role of a Site Reliability Engineer, Platform Engineer or Software Engineer.
- Your real passion is software development and you think that DevOps is an enabler to help increase your ability to deliver with speed and scale.
- You possess strong fundamental knowledge of computer science and you know how to code (we like Python but if you are comfortable in another language but want to learn Python, that’s great).
- You think that developing tools to enable speed of deployment as well as stability is where you find tremendous satisfaction.
- You are able to articulate the benefits and tradeoffs of competing technology choices and approaches.
- You are comfortable in a small, but high quality team environment.
- We have a deep passion for application architecture, infrastructure automation, systems and integration design, API and application development, and we would expect that you do too.
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience required.(a minimum of 3+ years of engineering experience and comfort with working with Python).
- Well-written, well-tested, high quality code experience to meet the needs of our team and company.
- A developer who iterates quickly, understands feedback loops and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, organized individual who is able to prioritize and balance multiple projects.
- An individual with great communication skills.
- Strong thirst to learn, especially in a startup paced environment.
- You put high value on documenting process and design.
Desired Skills (preferred qualifications)
- Staying abreast on engineering trends. We don’t work in silos here.
- An understanding of core tenants of the DevOps philosophy
Why You'll Love it Here:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees.
- Open vacation time (and people actually use it!)
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Fun company and team outings and trips because we play just as hard as we work!
- Education reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team.
The role is a full-time position and will be based out of the San Francisco Bay Area or remote for US-located candidates with the right qualifications.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.