Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to feel their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits. Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for pseudoscience and thinks outside of the traditional marketing box, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is looking for a creative yet analytical Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager. As a brand that prides ourselves on being customer-centric, this is a unique opportunity to be on the front lines of our customer relationship strategy. The right candidate will think holistically about the entire customer journey, and includes all the touchpoints -- brand discovery, purchase, and the post-purchase lifecycle. In doing so, you will have ideas on how to measure and optimize these pieces of the customer journey through the lenses of lifetime value, and engagement. The ideal candidate will use data to think through and solve problems across multiple complex customer journeys within the Ritual ecosystem. This person will have an innate understanding of our customer mindset, as well as the ability to translate that into targeted and timely messaging.
What You'll Do
- Develop the overall lifecycle marketing strategy to increase subscriber engagement, retention and lifetime value.
- Partner with growth marketing team to develop persona-based remarketing strategies to nurture leads using Ritual’s owned channels.
- Closely partner with internal stakeholders to identify needs and opportunities to engage with our audience over email and other owned channels.
- Perform regular analyses on the performance of the lifecycle program generating insights and learnings to inform future improvements.
- Provide visibility into the performance and key metrics of lifecycle channels.
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize lifecycle programs, including identifying opportunities to A/B test campaigns, with the goal of driving purchases and increasing lifetime value.
- Develop data-driven strategies around audience segmentation, ensuring the right message is being delivered to the right audience at all times.
- Work with the creative team from briefing and feedback to routing work to production.
- Own stakeholder approvals, work with cross-functional teams to ensure cohesive messaging.
Who You Are
- Measure twice, cut once. You have a test-first mentality, constantly ensuring that your audience is refined and the messaging is unique.
- A versatile player. You add value at ground zero and 30,000 feet. You are as comfortable executing an A/B test as you are setting a strategic vision.
- Communicator. You write well, understand the power of storytelling, and can parse through the numbers to uncover the story within.
- Gutsy. You understand that not all decisions can be made solely with numbers, and can blend art with science to guide key decisions.
What You Need
- Education: BS/BA, preferably in marketing, business or analytical field. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience: 4-6 years of experience in digital marketing, management consulting, or customer-relationship-driven field.
- A thorough understanding of direct-to-consumer eCommerce marketing practices and methodologies.
- Deep understanding of customer segmentation and ability to implement triggers based on customer data.
- Prior experience working on an email service provider (ESP), ability to quickly become an expert in our email and personalization tech stack.
- Experience in Iterable, Segment and Looker is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data from various sources to draw insights that inform strategy and prioritization.
- Comfortable working with data analytics and business intelligence tools (e.g. Excel, Looker).
- Experience with, or ability to quickly master, channels outside of email (SMS, push, etc.).
- Strong written communication skills, the ability to develop unique and cohesive customer messaging.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective and backed by real science. We also have some pretty great benefits & perks, including...
- Equity participation
- Unlimited PTO - 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
- “Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company works from home first Friday of each month
- 401k + company match (up to 4%)
- 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under protected baby bonding time off
- Catered lunch two days per week
- Specific baby days in the office and a pump room
- Dog days in the office
- Kombucha/cold brew on tap
- Commuter benefits - $100 per month towards public transportation and Uber Pool/Lyft Line
- Company offsite events
- Periodic private workouts with trainers
- Homemade breakfast bagel cart in the office once a month
- Stocked kitchen: food, drinks, snacks