Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire healthy habits so women can be their best every day.
Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
This is an exciting opportunity and critical role for a very fast-growing brand. We believe that great digital experiences are an important part of any company’s success, and we think you'll agree. As a subscription service, we help our customers better invest in the products they’ve subscribed to, by reinforcing the habits that help them in their long-term mission. You’ll be a part of a strong digital product team of engineers, designers, product managers, and data analysts to continuously add to and improve our customers’ experiences online at scale.
You will be responsible for identifying key areas of opportunity that technology unlocks, work to define user stories and requirements that help engineering build desired features, and support the team in building our eCommerce stack for flexibility, reliability, and operational efficiency. This includes short and mid-term projects that will immediately move key company metrics as well as laying the technical foundation for long-term success.
What You'll Do
- You'll own technical projects from a product perspective and help define the product roadmap.
- You'll dig deep into the data surrounding customer interactions, collaborate with other teams, and evaluate opportunities where new technology decisions can make an impact.
- Use MVPs and experiments to learn quickly and make data-driven decisions.
- You'll work with other product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to write user stories and product requirements that drive forward technical implementation, coordinating dependencies and helping unblock work to improve development velocity.
- You'll be innately aware of technical and user engagement metrics, and effective at making tough decisions when prioritizing improvements against new features.
- You're not afraid to get gritty and you're capable of understanding the data that makes an e-commerce website function.
- You'll hunt down, analyze, and help report on initiatives that inform future product and engineering decisions.
- Communicate and foster alignment for product initiatives across the company.
- Monitor and report out to the rest of the company on KPIs for projects including next steps and iterations to come.
- Continually explore new trends, themes, best practices, and patterns– then determine how those should (or shouldn't) be implemented into the Ritual experience.
Who You Are
- Business-oriented. You’re someone who understands how to translate business goals and prioritization into digital strategy.
- Team agnostic. You're someone who can have an in-depth conversation with senior engineers to encourage scalable and flexible architecture choices, while being able to communicate the same decisions to non-technical project stakeholders.
- Committed. You're passionate about what the right mix of technologies can do to empower the business.
- Detailed. You're effective at understanding scope and prioritization trade-offs, optimizing for important features to ship on-time and with simplicity while still achieving a project's goals.
What You Need
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field preferred. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience as a product manager or technical product manager bringing new features and digital experiences to life.
- Experience writing code in your spare time or working as an engineer.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to write concise and useful feature requirements and documentation.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective and backed by real science. We also have some pretty great benefits & perks, including...
- Equity participation
- Unlimited PTO - 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
- “Ritual First Fridays” - Entire company works from home first Friday of each month
- 401k + company match (up to 4%)
- 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under protected baby bonding time off
- Catered lunch two days per week
- Specific baby days in the office and a pump room
- Dog days in the office
- Kombucha/cold brew on tap
- Commuter benefits - $100 per month towards public transportation and Uber Pool/Lyft Line
- Company offsite events
- Periodic private workouts with trainers
- Homemade breakfast bagel cart in the office once a month
- Stocked kitchen: food, drinks, snacks