Silk Road Medical, Inc. is a public medical device company located in Sunnyvale, California, that is focused on reducing the risk of stroke and its devastating impact. The company has pioneered a new approach for the treatment of carotid artery disease called TransCarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR). TCAR is a clinically proven procedure combining surgical principles of neuroprotection with minimally invasive endovascular techniques to treat blockages in the carotid artery at risk of causing a stroke.
We are looking for an Area Director for the Western Region who will lead as an entrepreneurial ambassador and leader for a new hybrid procedure to treat carotid artery disease: TCAR (Transcarotid Artery Revascularization). The Area Director will develop and lead a team of Area Mangers (sales reps) and Therapy Development Specialists (clinical specialists) to execute the next evolution in endovascular surgery.
Reporting to the EVP, Global Sales and Marketing, the Area Director for the Western Region will:
- Lead a team of Area Managers focused on selecting and opening TCAR Centers of Excellence and becoming a trusted clinical and business partner to ensure safe TCAR adoption and superior outcomes for patients.
- Prepare quarterly and annual Area sales forecasts based on thorough understanding of market potential in individual territories.
- Achieve sales revenue targets for the assigned Area. Monitor Area and individual territory sales performance on an ongoing basis. Identify sales forecast gaps and implement sales growth and therapy adoption strategies for TCAR.
- Identify and develop working relationships with the economic buyer in their area for key accounts. Facilitate contract negotiations.
- Ensure Area expenses are within planned budget.
- Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports. Assist team in developing strategies to target, develop and sell to new accounts.
- Maintain a talent mindset and actively develop a pipeline of future Silk Road Medical Area Manager and Therapy Development Specialist candidates. Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential.
- Maintain knowledge of the industry and the competition, continually seeking information from physicians, suppliers, insurance carriers and others to challenge, modify and prioritize Area strategies. Prepare team to counter the competition.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Silk Road Medical cross-functional areas and Senior Staff.
- Ensure applicable Silk Road Medical SOP’s are understood and implemented. (i.e. trunk stock audits)
Experience and Skills Required
- Experience converting open surgical procedures to endovascular alternatives and new therapy adoption. Experience differentiating a new therapy from current methods.
- Deep knowledge of the care and management of carotid artery disease. CEA, CAS, and TCAR.
- Experience in building and leading a team.
- Deep knowledge of Healthcare Economics and Reimbursement. Ability to understand and sale a clinical and economic value proposition.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10+year’s sales and/or management experience in a hospital environment; selling into minimally invasive cardiovascular market, EVAR/TEVAR, TAVR, peripheral or surgical related products.
- 70% time in the field with Area Managers and Therapy Development Specialist to support their professional development needs and to maintain and develop strong relationships to better understand the customer.
- Attend and participate in company and industry sponsored forums, society/industry congresses, and courses.
What We Offer You:
- A collaborative work environment with colleagues who care about each other and the success of their organization
- A workplace where you are treated fairly, compensated competitively, and can learn and develop your skills
- A chance to join an industry which is saving lives and changing the shape of healthcare
- A very fun and supportive environment in a fast-growing organization where there is never a dull moment