The Director of Business Development is responsible for generating sales by identifying, prospecting, and closing business within their assigned market. Additionally, interaction with customers, channel partners and state programs is expected. The Director of Business Development will is expected to generate revenue and work in conjunction with marketing, account management, finance, legal, technical services, and support/implementation services. Duties include participating in trade shows, conducting webinars, and interacting and supporting current Appriss customers and prospects at every level. This position carries a quota tied to achieving revenue goals and travel is required.
• Identify sales opportunities: Pro-active calls into departments and C-level contacts within the target market.
• Connect: Initiate conversations with customers and prospects within target geography to evangelize Appriss’ healthcare solutions.
• Qualify: Identify opportunities for new business opportunities. Be able to qualify needs, interests, and funding.
• Generate appointments: Arrange and coordinate remote and on-site sales meetings for customer/prospects.
• Build Lists: Identify and profile accounts within target markets using research tools such as compiled lists and company web sites.
• Targeted outreach: Make contact to individuals from pre-tradeshow attendee lists (phone calls/emails to schedule appointments, promote on-site activities, speaking opportunities, etc.). Tracking responses to activities/campaigns and ensuring timely follow-up.
• Analysis: Analyze purchased email lists for targeted outreach (ranking leads, profiling accounts, etc.) as well as forecasting sales-cycle stages and close dates.
• Assembling: Assemble contact lists for mass email and direct mail campaigns (targeted to specific titles, processes or regions)
• Follow-up: Quickly reply to marketing-generated leads (Web hits, events, tradeshows, etc.) to qualify and book appointments, as appropriate. Tracking responses to activities/campaigns and ensuring timely follow-up. Targeted outreach to post-tradeshow leads (qualification, scheduling meetings & demos, etc.). Follow-up on web activity (requests for information/demos; site registrations for content such as webinars, white papers, etc.)
• Quotes: Respond to prospect quotes that could include delivering a proposal with references, cost justification and ROI related information.
• Database Activity: Maintain up-to-date records and manage opportunities, accounts, and contacts within NetSuite or applicable CRM.
• Media Efforts: Involvement in social media efforts to generate leads (Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Feedback: Be able to provide feedback from customers/prospects to HIS team including sales, marketing, implementation, support services and product development groups. Skills & Attributes
• Account Management: Support clients as assigned to ensure that they are satisfied with our service and seek opportunities for upsell and or expansion of our products or services.
• Proven track record of achieving and/or exceeding measurable performance goals.
• Possess strong customer-service orientation as demonstrated by past performance in situations where customer support, problem resolution and satisfaction were paramount.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute; this may include sales campaigns, account management or other projects that require thoroughness, attention to detail, crisp execution and follow through.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong professional working relationships.
• Proven experience in timely and effective achievement of goals & objectives.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills necessary to present concepts and articulate business value.
• Possess a strong sense of team and demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and develop productive and effective working relationships with co-workers.
• Display a sense of creativity and innovation.
• Display a high sense of integrity and respect for others.
• Able to excel within a fast-paced work environment with rapidly changing business conditions. Education & Experience
• College degree preferred.
• At least three years direct sales experience in software sales in healthcare industry.
• Hospital and/or healthcare industry experience.
• Track record of success by consistently exceeding performance metrics.
• Experience with sales automation or customer relationship management applications, such as Salesforce.com or NetSuite and virtual meeting and presentation tools such as Lync, WebEx, LiveMeeting, etc.
Physical and Mental Requirements Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Extensive to moderate travel depending on geographic location of employee.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)