Coordinates all aspects of a product or service offering project for a client, from inception to installation. Installations may involve acceptance of capitalized equipment or enterprise software systems, or system integration or consulting projects/engagements. May work at client site from time to time. Typically involves extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams. Project is typically focused on the delivery of new or enhanced products to improvement of customer satisfaction through the use of technology. Project management skills, rather than technical skills, are key, but a strong technical background is often required to manage competing interests. Typically oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
Minimum Requirements Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, or Characteristics
- 2 years of experience trouble shooting business processes, database analysis tools, customer support role supporting Windows or Linux based applications.
- 3-5 years of experience in the project management field.
- Experience deploying hardware and software for production applications.
- Ability to identify trends and suggest improvements in products and processes.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong skills in SQL, UNIX, Windows NT and coding.
- Support either in an in-house or field environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in using project management tools and techniques.
- Proficient in MS Project and Office tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and oral, written and interpersonal communication. Presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively on a team, to lead a diverse team to a common goal.
- Analyze, understand and define client requirements.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Ability to coordinate and direct technical support personnel.
- Ability to organize, plan and execute technical tasks.
- Ability to define expected results and use performance indicators to monitor delivery of results.
Helpful / Preferred
- C, C++, Access, Oracle, SQL Server and Perl. o ITLL Training, CCNA, Network Plus.
- Six Sigma and/or ITLL/ITSM, customer service experience.
- Professional Registration and/or Master’s Degree.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Job is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/H
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)