Qubole, the leading cloud-agnostic, big data-as-a-service provider, is passionate about making data-driven insights easily accessible to anyone. Qubole delivers the industry’s first autonomous data platform. The cloud-based data platform, Qubole Data Service (QDS), removes the burden of maintaining infrastructure of multiple big data processing engines, and enables customers to focus on their data. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
We are looking for a Core Account Executive to play a critical role in building relationships and growing business with our top customers. Our ideal candidate will be a combination of a ‘hunter and farmer’. The candidate ensures client satisfaction and be able to identify new opportunities to increase sales. As a Core Account Executive, you will represent our company and interact with major customers.
What you'll be doing
- Manage a portfolio of core accounts.
- Achieve assigned core Account objectives.
- Develop and present top line Business Value (TCO and ROI) executive presentations.
- Hunt for and close new opportunities in the account’s (divisions, subsidiaries, and business units.
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships – become a trusted advisor.
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries.
- Suggest and drive solutions and innovative ideas to meet client needs.
- Handle complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Act as the liaison between core customers and internal teams.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and forecasts.
- Develop and execute to detailed account plans.
- Lead internal legal/contracts and finance on MSA, NDA and Service Order reviews.
- Negotiate and close high six figure and seven figure opportunities.
Required experiences and skills
- 3+ years of experience with a proven work experience in a strategic / core account role.
- Must be comfortable working directly with technical user buyers as well as justifying and demonstrating Business Value in the C suite.
- Solid sales experience in a B2B SaaS environment, preferably in the Big Data Analytics market.
- Bonus sales experience in the Big Data Analytics space. (With engines such as Spark, Hive, Presto, etc.)Demonstrated ability to address customer requests in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills closing six and seven figure deals.
- Availability to travel as needed (some international travel may be required).
- Must have or be able to acquire a valid Passport.
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.