Are you passionate about accuracy with strong attention to detail and love of numbers? Do you enjoy being a trusted & knowledgeable resource for colleagues? We’re looking for a meticulous, compliant, and dependable Payroll Manager to join the Policygenius Finance team!
In the first role of its kind, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for owning the timely, accurate and efficient delivery of payroll services. You’ll act as a resource for all employees by clearly addressing a variety of questions as they relate to transactions impacting payroll. Reporting into the VP of Finance, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to build out your own team to help meet our evolving needs as we continue to scale!
In this role, you will…
- Work closely with the Finance and People teams on initiatives to streamline and organize our payroll function
- Build out analytical reporting for various functions of the business to help them manage their daily operations
- Oversee the day to day company-wide payroll operations, coordinate with vendors, and deliver pay accurately, timely, effectively, and within all regulatory, labor and tax guidelines
- Assist with any internal and external audits and examinations
- Maintain strong relationships with employees across a variety of departments including People, Operations, and other internal functions while consistently delivering high-quality service
- Partner with Finance team members to help analyze and explain P&L and Balance sheet variances
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years finance experience within a complex organization; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- You have functional Payroll knowledge including a superior understanding of withholding tax, related tax filings, tax policy and employment regulations
- Ability to analyze and interpret payroll data and an understanding of multi-jurisdiction, stock transactions and/or deferrals
- You have experience with a non-exempt workforce
- You are excited to own a business-critical function and transform it as we continue to add complexity to our business (e.g. our new Durham office!)
- You have a basic understanding of accounting principles and the impact of payroll activity on financial statements.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- You have a client service mentality and the ability to work collaboratively while developing strong relationships with the team, internal stakeholders, and vendors
- You have the ability to juggle numerous priorities and the desire to work in a dynamic and growing environment
- You have experience using UltiPro or a similar payroll system
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO and co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, and we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.