Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Solutions Engineer at Button, you’ll work as a member of our Partner Engineering team – a team that sits at the nexus of the Engineering, Product, and Revenue teams at both Button and our partners. Your primary objective is ensuring efficient and effective adoption of Button’s products through omotenashi. This includes the adoption of Button’s products throughout the partner lifecycle, during which you’ll be responsible for the quality, stability, and accuracy of integrations with Button’s technology.
Given your proximity to both our partners and our technology, you will act as a beacon of market feedback to our Product team, helping to shape what we build next. You’ll contribute to solutions in a variety of languages (we primarily use Node, Python and Go) and deploy code to production that builds on top of Button’s world class frameworks. You’ll also move fast; our engineers ship changes to production dozens of times each day.
You’ll expand your engineering skills and technical depth from exposure to the best engineering teams in the world and the systems they build, both at Button & our partners. You'll also apply your talent for rapidly understanding technical systems you’ve had no prior exposure to by developing solutions to bridge our customer’s technology stacks and our products.
AS A SOLUTIONS ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Ensure the ongoing quality, stability, and accuracy of integrations with Button products
- Develop solutions to expand Button’s marketplace, by writing code & making configuration changes on top of the frameworks developed by our engineering teams
- Partner with our product teams to execute go-to-market strategies for new products - distilling market feedback into actionable product improvements
- Improve our tools and contribute to roadmapped product improvements to enable more efficient integrations
- Act as the subject matter expert on Button’s technology to the outside world
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO:
- Have excellent communication skills & a teamwork-first mentality
- Are curious – the excitement and intuition to pull on a thread
- Have the ability to move fast & make decisions with a pragmatic approach to any problem
- Are comfortable and excited to work directly with both technical & business stakeholders at Button and our partner’s companies
- Have a minimum of 3 years of building technical solutions for product adoption
- Have previously worked in or are familiar with Node.js, Go, or Python
- Have a proven track record delivering business critical code
- Are generalist Engineers, looking to develop expertise across a broad range of technologies
- Can “go deep” anywhere in the stack to debug complex systems & identify issues
- Believe no task is above or below anyone, and that it’s more important to “get something right” versus “being right”
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Sam Propis, Manager of Partner Solutions. Before Button, he helped LinkedIn build and scale their partner integrations (e.g. Apply with LinkedIn) to thousands of customers. Problem solving is what sparks joy for Sam, and he loves working with a talented team to find better / faster ways to get Button's products adopted. Sam is quick to share recommendations on places to eat in most major US cities, and is even rumored to be a minority investor in Daily Provisions, an eatery near the Button NYC office with the "best breakfast sandwich in NYC."
- Tyler Nappy, Senior Solutions Engineer. Tyler leads integrations with top Brands and Publishers to get them live onto the Button marketplace. When he's not coding, prototyping, or giving a demo about his apps he's written, you can find him preparing for his next marathon relay, reading, or exploring NYC.
- Shweta Kamat, Solutions Engineer. Shweta works with new and existing partners to understand their goals and determine how Button's products can be best adopted to help them achieve their goals. She enjoys interacting with Button's Product & Engineering teams as the customer's voice, helping them constantly iterate and improve Button's product offering.
- Bill Eichhold, Solutions Engineer. Bill fought the good fight selling data feeds at Dow Jones and business intelligence platforms at high growth startups for 5+ years, before caving to his love of all things computers and learning full stack web development. Prior to joining Button, he led integrations at an industry leading MarTech platform where his code is still live on ecommerce websites that serve millions of impressions per day. He is also a fervent and opinionated Cardigan Welsh Corgi lover who is biding his time until he has an apartment large enough to house one of his own again.
- Kelly O’Donnell, Publisher Development Manager. Kelly is a proud member of the Sales Team looking to bring new Publishers into the Button Marketplace. She is a Skidmore College Women’s Soccer alum, a Massachusetts native, and an instagram meme enthusiast. On the weekends you can find her running in Central Park, spending way too much on Postmates, and catching up with friends.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.